Friday, June 24, 2005

GMail Midlet

Ever been stuck in a traffic jam with no good music and nothing to do and wondered, "man, i wish I can check my gmail account" ? ok, that may be stretching it a bit, but it would be cool to check your gmail account on the go. Nows that possible using the Gmail midlet for j2me enabled phones. Just download the jar file and install it on your cell phone and you're good to go !!

Since i have a Nokia, I normally use the Nokia PC Suite to install the applications on my phone. I am unsure how it would be done on other phones, but its hard to believe there isn't a similar software for other vendors.

This is my first release and have used my preferences to design the GUI and the interface. I would appreciate all your comments to better improve the midlet.

Download

5 comments:

Ray said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

i'd love to try it, but the app won't accept my long username... can you make it so that the maximum number of characters is larger?

David C Peterson said...

Could I you also allow download of the source code so that I can work on it?
Thanks,
Dave

David C Peterson said...

Could you also allow download of the source code as I'd like to work on a few enhancements to it?

Thanks,
Dave

Honey said...

hey cool
thanks !!
may I get the source code please!!

Honey Arora
honey72arora@gmail.com